Monday, June 4, 2012

south carolina - day one.

Well I made it. Praise the Lord. :) 

I left for BWI (Baltimore-Washington International) Airport this morning and after a small delay, we lifted off towards Charlotte, NC. Hour long flight, no big deal. They had pretzels. 

I landed, and met Tom Harvey at the baggage claim. He's the Summer Teams Coordinator for Rainbows of Hope (the organization I am going to Guatemala with!). He's super nice. There were two girls there who are the South Africa team, so we got to meet each other.

After a 30 minute drive to Fort Mill, SC, we arrived at an old bed and breakfast turned office/training space for Rainbows of Hope. It's so beautiful. We unpacked, ate some snacks, and chatted with Brooke and Julia the two summer team leaders. Brooke is the leader for Guatemala and she is awesome. Love her already. :)

I went upstairs and read over the schedule for this week - orientation time. I wrote in my journal, and then laid back and slept for 2 hours. Yes, I woke up disorientated. ;) But it was so refreshing. Graduation weekend tired me out. Seriously.

We had dinner, welcomed some more students (and I met two more students on the Guatemala team!!) and then walked around the house with the teams. I love these people already and I'm seriously going to miss the South Africa team when they leave.

We played Apples to Apples for a few hours, and then talked about everything. It's been such a great day. So excited for the rest.

Every night, we will be given an international challenge to help prepare us for the mission field. For tonight, our challenge is to wear the same clothes tomorrow as we did today. So yeah, exciting. ;)

Prayer would be appreciated for the following things. :)
- strength + rest for the team
- protection
- that we would bond together and grow in the Lord together even during this week. :)

thank you all!! 

9 comments:

  1. Love hearing about your day, girl! So excited for you and PRAYING for you! sounds like you're having an aweeeesome time already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is so exciting to read, seems like your having a blast all ready :) miss you! but I know God will do great things in you and the team over the next few months! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looove being able to read about your journey!! so excited for you, girl...will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so, so happy for you, Ellie! You have worked so hard to save up for such a wonderful cause and I think what you're doing is such a beautiful thing. Spreading the Word of God! So wonderful! From the get go, I totally knew you would be able to raise the money. Huge applause on your part! Praying bunches for you.

    Stay safe, get LOTS of rest, and have a wonderful time spreading the Word of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it's going to be an amazing experience for you! So awesome to hear about, too! Definitely praying for you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy we can follow along! What a blessed time for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying! Sounds like you are having so much fun and I can't wait for the rest of the updates :)

    ReplyDelete