Thursday, June 14, 2012

today.

Tonight, I attempted to eat a chocolate covered banana, but my body reacted with an allergic reaction. So I took a Benadryl and I honestly feel like I am under anesthesia. So, bear with me. This post may be a bit incoherent or jumbled. ;)

By the grace of God, I can say I am over my 24 hour stomach bug. I feel completely better, which is a great thing because it was my first full day with the toddlers. I got up at 6:30 (after hearing about a dozen alarms go off at different times. haha living with 13 other girls is interesting ;)). I had breakfast and headed up to the house around 7:40. The morning seemed especially long because 10 of the 14 toddlers were in school. So, with the remaining four, we played outside a TON. Playdough, walks, playground, everything Julia, Taylor, and I could think of. The kiddos came home and we had lunch around 1. The break from 2-4 was honestly one of the best things all day. ;)

We went back to the toddler house around 4:15 after their nap, fed them their snack, and did an activity with the other missions team that is here for the week. It involved gluing pieces of paper and cotton balls to make a rainbow and clouds. It got messy.

Dinner was at 6. Team meeting at 8. These end of the day meetings are honestly my favorite. Being with my team is the best thing ever. We always share highs and lows from our day and it's neat to hear how everyone else's day went. We laugh so hard and long about everything. I think it's because we are so tired that we are almost delirious. ;)

A scripture that has been serving me lately is Romans 12:2. "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transferred by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Lately, if I have been tempted to complain, I remind myself of truth and "renew my mind." This is so good for my soul. To complain is to not be thankful and to not be thankful is to doubt God's goodness in my life. I am so grateful for grace and people to support me in this. Thank you all again so much for your constant prayers. As Melissa said today, "Isn't it cool that we all know of people praying for our team?" It's very cool.

And for the record, I had my earphones in this whole time and no music was playing. That happens a lot. I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Romans 12:2 is one of my FAVORITE verses ever -- love how God is working in your heart and life. Praying that you feel better, berry! (I've decided your nicknames will all be fruits and vegetables...like veggietales) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your having the time of your life!!! (which you probably are)

    -Emily Berry

    ReplyDelete